Since I was bummed that I couldn’t run yesterday morning, I did the most logical thing. Eat a baked good! My coworker and I went on a walk to get some fresh air and had to visit Flour Bakery…again. How could I resist this. It was a NEW baked good- a MINT oreo!
Ok, so TOMORROW I will try to have fewer sweets, especially since I am going to try to rest tomorrow as well. Three rest days in a row? I’m going to be going crazy!!
I have some goals I want to try to accomplish:
- Eat less sweets. But enjoy some on the weekends (suggested by Britt at Writing & Running) I am also going to try to come up with some healthier alternatives for my sweet tooth (inspired by Kayla at Little Miss Healthify)
- Eat more good stuff for me! I know that following all these healthy eating blogs will be so helpful with this!
- STRETCH MORE. I don’t stretch enough before and after my workouts.
- Pace myself better. I think I am so nervous about reaching my goal time of 3:20 for Boston Marathon, that I’m speeding up my training runs. I was fine for my other marathons. I think I might be feeling like I might plateau soon so I’m worried!
- Learn more about running mechanics, shoes, and nutrition.
Oh funny story…So, I was in the car with Dave before I hopped out to catch the train. We were talking about something being the worst. I forget even what it was now. I then wanted to use a new word.
So straight faced, I said, “Yah that’s like the epitome.” (I pronounced it “epi – tome”)
Dave looks at me and laughs. He says, “WHAT? Do you mean epitome (he pronounced it “i-pit-a-me as it should be pronounced)?!..Epi-tome sounds like a shot you have to take!”
We both just sat in the car laughing. My abs started to hurt a little.
I just want to clarify…Dave I was right. I just pronounced it incorrectly…I’m an engineer, not an english major, right? You know what I think this means?! I think this means I’m going to copy Toastmasters. I’m going to start a word of the day, well I am going to do Word of the Week so that it’s more manageable. I love presenting and working with clients, and I don’t want this boo-boo to happen there!
What are your goals or new years resolutions? Have you accomplished some already?
I hope I can follow through with mine! It has been easier though getting advice from all of you and reading everyone else’s experiences!
What is your favorite health food blog? Running blog?
There are so many out there so I can’t really choose! I want your suggestions so I can find some more to follow!
Do you ever try to use a word you don’t use very often and fail completely? Clearly…I do.
What is your favorite laugh fest with a friend or significant other?
I have so many. I’m sure my friend’s Ashley and Bessie will love the one today. :)
Posts you might be interested in:
Toastmaster Buffalo Chicken Dip (Talks about what Toastmasters is)
Bad Self Control (My sweet addiction)