I decided to look for a Korean beef recipe and I found this one on My Life as a Mrs blog. It was super easy because you just cut up some garlic, grate some ginger and throw it in a crock pot with all the other ingredients!
End result = AHHHH-mazing! Dave and I loved these! The meat was a little dried out, but I think its because I couldn’t get home early enough to shut off the crock pot and it overcooked a bit.
- 2 hot house cucumber (the wrapped seedless kind)
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 6½ pounds (roughly) beef back ribs (I used short ribs!)
- 1½ cups low sodium soy sauce
- 1⅔ cups packed brown sugar
- 10 cloves garlic, grates
- 4 tablespoons grated ginger
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or other mild vegetable oil)
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 small flour tortillas
- bean sprouts
- sriracha (if you like spicy!)
- Slice cucumbers as thin as you can get them and place in a bowl.
- Add the rice vinegar, sugar, salt, and crushed red pepper; toss to combine. Set aside until ready to use. You can make these the night before if desired!
- Spray a 7 quart slow cooker base with non-stick cooking spray and add the ribs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until combined; pour over the ribs. Cook on low heat for 8 hours. When ready to serve, take out of crockpot, remove bones, and shred.
I’m now enjoying some of the leftover beef on my salad today for lunch!
Are you a leftover type of person?
Yes I am! I can’t let food go to waste!