See this smiling girl?
Yup that’s me! It’s because I went to Samara Yoga last night and no pain after! I’m going to try to go for a walk after work today and also some ab work at home. I am excited to feel some progress and am hoping it continues to progress like it is! I just have to keep playing it smart. I know that I haven’t run since the marathon (except for 2 times) so waiting another few weeks to run to be fully healed won’t kill me.
I’m celebrating with some coconut quinoa porridge from Notes from a Messy Kitchen. I wanted to try something different than my typical overnight oats. I thought it was tasty but I needed to cook the quinoa a little longer! I am going to give it another try though and maybe make it for Dave sometime because he really likes coconut milk!
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (canned) + more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- In a small pot, bring quinoa, vanilla and coconut milk to a boil, then simmer on low heat until all liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add a little more coconut milk, almond milk, or water if the liquid is absorbed to quickly and the quinoa note done yet.
- Cut the banana in half, mash one half and stir into the cooked quinoa.
- Transfer quinoa banana mixture to a breakfast bowl or plate.
- Drizzle some more coconut milk over the quinoa.
- Chop the other half banana and put over top along with coconut flakes. (I didn't have any coconut flakes but I added some chia seeds, blueberries and dark chocolate chips!)
Recipe from Anja's Food for Thought
Did you have a fitness smile this weekend? Was it your long run?! Tell me about it! I miss long runs!