This is still one of my favorite recipes so I’ve blogged about it many times. These fish tacos are pretty easy and the flavors are delicious! I haven’t actually done the tacos with salmon as the recipe calls for because it is always more expensive. I’ve done the tacos with fresh striper bass from when I went deep sea fishing (I know-badass) and also with tilapia. Both are great so don’t feel like you need to use the salmon! I am actually going to make some more fish tacos next week because my friend is going deep sea fishing and he wants me to make some. Fine by me! That fish is AHHHH-mazing!
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise (I use Chobani plain Greek yogurt instead!)
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) chipotle chile powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 pound(s) skinless wild Alaskan salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 Hass avocado, skin and pit removed, mashed
- Apple-cucumber salsa
- 1 cup(s) finely shredded cabbage
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the lime juice. In another small bowl, combine the chipotle powder with the orange zest and sugar. Rub each piece of salmon with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and then with the chipotle–orange zest mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and bake for about 8 minutes, until they are softened and heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan. Season the salmon with salt and grill over high heat until nicely browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Gently break each piece of salmon in half. Spread the mashed avocado on the warm tortillas and top with the salmon, cabbage, and Apple-Cucumber Salsa. Drizzle each taco with the lime mayonnaise and serve right away.
Recipe from Delish.com
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- In a bowl, toss the apple with the cucumber, onion, and pepper. Stir in the vinegar and sugar, season with salt, and serve.
Recipe from Delish.com
What is your favorite kind of taco?
I think I have to say fish tacos! I’ve heard the fish tacos out West are amazing so I can’t wait to give them a try sometime!