I went to yoga class last night expecting Rachel (who I have had before a couple of times) as the instructor but Joetta Maue was subbing for her and I ended up loving her class! Joetta really helped me to get in the correct posture by coming over and physically helping position me. I could feel the difference when I did the posture correctly and really liked that she came over and helped me.
I enjoyed the handstand work, many hip openers and the many vinyasa flows which I started to feel like I was really getting the form down for. At the end of the class for shavasana, Joetta applied pressure to your forehead like a mini massage and pulled your neck and applied pressure on your shoulders to release tension. I have to admit, this was my favorite part! I hope to attend more of Joetta’s class and advance more in my practice. I left the class very liberated and relaxed.
One of the poses I could really feel was Lizard Pose, Utthan Pristhasana.
What it works:
Hip opener, stretches the hamstrings and thighs
How to do it:
- Start in downward facing dog and step your right foot to the outside of the hand
- Turn the right toes out slightly.
- Go down to your elbows (Use a block underneath your elbows if you need to)
- Keep your neck aligned with your spine to keep length and press your left heel away. Try to keep your hips square! [Beginners, drop your left knee to the mat if having it raised is too difficult]
- Stay for 8 breaths
- Return to your hands and transition to downward dog
- Repeat with the left foot to the outside of the hand
What workout do you do to relax for the weekend?