After completing the Healthworks Workplace Warrior Challenge I was curious to what everyone thought so I asked everyone the following questions:
- Worst memory from the challenge
- Best memory from the challenge
- Favorite thing about Healthworks
- Your future fitness/health goal that you are going to tackle
- My worst memory from the challenge was feeling really lost in my first Body Pump class! It was a big class with mostly regulars so Emma and I had to try to observe others to get the hang of it.
- My best memory from the challenge was working out with my team and getting my butt kicked with Heidi! These workouts were always really high intensity and I felt like I earned that dinner after!
- What I love about Healthworks is that there are so many challenges available to try-the Burn Challenge, Drop 10, TRX, kettlebells, yoga, Pilates and more. I think a challenge is the best way to get into a good habit!
- My new goal is to to continue to strengthen and stretch so that I can return to marathon training. I am going to try to take some more Pilates and yoga classes and I may see some TRX and kettlebells in my future!
- My worst memory from the challenge was finding out that I gained .5 lbs and .5% body fat. (Though I told Aki that she shouldn’t worry about that because it is such a small amount of difference that could be attributed to regular daily fluctuation!)
- My best memory from the challenge was completing the 3 sets of intense workout with everyone! (Week 3)
- My favorite thing about Healthworks is that it offers so many different ways of getting into shape and be healthy. The classes and events make it so much more fun working out too!
- My new goal is to be able to run 10k and be better at yoga. (I am trying to convince Aki to run a half marathon next May!!!)
- My worst memory from the challenge was being yelled at by a current Healthworks member for taking their Body Pump spot by accident – newbie mistake!!!
- My best memory from the challenge is a toss-up because there are so many good memories! If I had to choose, it would probably be the whole team holding the wall sit for the full 3:00 though 🙂
- My favorite thing about Healthworks is the trainers! Not only did we all love our personal trainer, Heidi, but some of the other trainers that did classes were AWESOME too! I took BURN with Tara S. last week and somehow managed to enjoy getting my butt kicked for an hour – that takes skill!
- My new goal is marathon training which starts in January. I’m looking forward to incorporating a lot of the bootcamp moves and circuit training skills that I’ve learned during the challenge into my training schedule. Hopefully this will make me a stronger runner and I’ll have less injuries as a result!
- My worst memory from the challenge is when I realized I have no rhythm, thanks to Zumba and Body Jam, even though I still had fun!
- My best memory from the challenge was working out with friends! It really helped motivate me to try new things and the support from everyone pushed me further than I could have imagined!
- My favorite thing about Healthworks is the trainer Elle! Her jump and sculpt class was so good!
- I realized I don’t need to be skinnier per se, but I love being stronger. I am to a point now where my body and my hand are strong enough to really get back into working out the way I used to! I’m looking forward to going back to yoga 3-4 times a week again! And since I know I can sprint faster, I plan on doing more interval training for cardio 🙂
- My worst memory from the challenge has to be when we were competing against each other in one of our small group training sessions. Whoever lost had to do the longest wall sit at the end.
- My best memory from the challenge is BEING DONE!!! haha JK…seeing everyone’s progress at the end and how far we had come.
- My favorite thing about Healthworks is all of the classes. All of the trainers are very helpful and friendly!
- My new goal is to keep up with going to the gym and staying in shape.
- My worst memory from the challenge was anytime we had to do burpees.
- My best memory from the challenge was running the ½ mile in 4 min 20 sec! I don’t think I’ve ever run that fast EVER! As a self proclaimed terrible runner, it felt great to have improved so much on this time.
- My favorite thing about Healthworks is all of the great training staff. Over the course of the challenge I got to work with a lot of trainers that I didn’t know before. Each one was able to push me differently whether it was in Body Pump, Pilates or Burn. A special fave was Heidi of course. She got me to work harder than I ever thought I could!!!
- My future fitness goal is to incorporate a little bit of running into each workout week. Also I’d really like to work to achieve all those push ups I did in my final assessment, but on my toes!!!
- My worst memory from the challenge is the initial assessment. I didn’t realize how out of shape I was and had no idea how to use a treadmill!
- My best memory from the challenge is all the training classes with my teammates. We had a great vibe and super supportive of each other. I didn’t feel judged and was less embarrassed than I thought I would be!
- My favorite thing about Healthworks is that it is all women and there is a wide variety of classes. I can push myself and do something I’ve never done before.
- My new goal is to continue going to the gym is a goal in itself, but I would like to get better at running.
- I don’t really have a worse memory from the challenge. Some better than others but overall a great experience!
- Best memory is seeing the results of improvement from a month of going to the gym, that is if you did the first assessment without cheating 🙂 I like the feeling of being part of the team and working out together, supporting and motivating each other. It brought back some feelings, it made me miss the good old times.
- My favorite thing about Healthworks is the variety of classes offered and the staff. There is something for everyone.
- My new goal is to incorporate running back into my life. Taking Burn classes and running the 800 meters brought pleasant memories back of cross country and track-I don’t want to forget that feeling of accomplishment again.
I think we can all agree that my team thanks Healthworks for this great experience in their Workplace Warrior Challenge!! We look forward to finding out the winner at the Finale Party this Thursday!
What do you look for most in a gym?
I need a gym with a convenient location and a wide variety of classes at convenient times. From this challenge, I have found that if I have classes I will go to the gym. I wasn’t very good at going to my last gym because I didn’t have as many classes to choose from. I’m not very good with lifting on my own!
Are you a fellow Healthworks Workplace Warrior Challenge member? What are your best and worst memories?