I turned 29 this month and I am approaching the big “scary” 3-0. But for some reason I’m not that scared of it.
I guess the internal clock is ticking and people may think my eggs are dying, but I’m okay with it. As I mentioned, I don’t want kids (yet). And I also want to adopt some day since I was adopted–so why stress about it.
I may not have a dog, a house or a kid, but I realized I have done quite a bit so far. If you asked me just out of college what I would expect to accomplish in the next 6 years, I would have never expected any of this…
- Ran 5 marathons–including Boston twice! (And I am the girl who quit track in high school because she despised running!)
- Joined a running club (that I will return to eventually once my hips are stronger!).
- Completed a Half Ironman (I wanted to quit so bad but I completed it!)
- Completed a Tough Mudder with coworkers…and saw my fiancé with his hands on my boss’s butt as he pushed him up and over a barrier. Priceless…
- Participated in the Healthworks Workplace Warrior Challenge with some amazing people and came in second place!
- Trained for a 197 mile bike ride (didn’t complete the actual ride because of an emergency surgery it but I will this year!)
- Mastered Revit MEP and helped implement it at my workplace.
- Gave presentations at Autodesk University two years in a row.
- Learned eQUEST and how to be a badass energy modeler (Geothermal heat pump system with backup boiler and fluid cooler? No problem!)
- Worked on multiple Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) projects.
- Was nominated one of the top 10 young professionals in Engineering News Record.
- Participated in Lean training with Lean Project Consulting.
- Took the Professional Engineering exam and passed!
- Got engaged to my high school sweetheart.
- Am a godparent to the sweetest little boy, Max.
- Dreamed of making a switch into a career that involved my passion of fitness and actually made it happen. Hello ClassPass!
Even though I am so excited with how much I have accomplished thus far, there still are a lot of things I do want to do. My 30 before 30 list will give me a good push to get some things off my bucket list that I have been thinking about. I am trying to be realistic with my less than a year deadline so there will of course be some bigger ticket items that won’t make this list.
Check out my 30 before 30 page and see what I’ll be up to this year!