I’ve run Boston’s Run to Remember 3 years now. The half marathon twice and the 5 miler once. I like the race because it is convenient and pretty well run. The course is familiar and I get to see so many people I know cheering.
Last year, I co-hosted The Balanced Runners group with Cara from the Balanced Bod. We all ran either the 5 miler or the half marathon. It was a Facebook group where we could chat about training, nutrition and balancing it all. We also hosted a few group runs.
Well–I wanted to do something similar this year! I’m running Boston’s Run to Remember on Sunday, May 27th and I want YOU to join me!! This year I have a few different opportunities related to the race I wanted to share.
You can get $10 off the half marathon if you use my code! Jump on that! The race gets up to $120 and it’s currently at $100 so you can get it at $90.
I also started a team called “Little Miss Runshine” and I’d love for you to join it! It’s not required to use the discount, but I just thought it would be fun! If you are in a running club, you can still associate yourself with that club when you register! For example, I signed up for my team but I’m part of Cambridge Running Club.
Group Training with Coach Christina Enger
Today marks my first day of training with my running coach. I decided to give a coach a try and try to get my training to the next level. My main goal is Chicago Marathon 2018 but in the interim, my goal race is Boston’s Run to Remember half marathon. As someone who has been toying with the idea of a run coach in the past, I wanted to see if Christina could offer a way for my friends and followers to get a little taste of what training is like. And she is going to offer group training for people for Boston’s Run to Remember! Here are the details:
- Cost: $220 – $110 due in January and $110 in early March
- What you get: Everyone will have the same plan that will incorporate strength training to prevent injury and increase your speed. She said an example workout that she has written for Traithlete.com can be found here.
- What’s the difference? I asked Christina what the difference is between just buying a plan online and following some of the free ones that you can find. She said that although the plans will be the same for everyone, she will personal the pace goals for each workout to what you personally should be focusing on.
- How it works: Christina will deliver the plans on January 3rd for Jan 15-March 18 time period. She will then distribute the second half
- Sign up deadline: December 20th (Christina needs time to get the plans ready!)
I opted to pay for 1:1 coaching because I wanted to be able to interact with Christina more. If I have work travel or get sick/injured, I want to be able to have her adjust the plan for me. If you do the group training, you won’t have that option. However, don’t fret! I am going to invite all of the group training people to a Facebook group, so we can use each other for resources from past experiences and give each other advice.
Meetups and Classes
I’m going to work on hosting a few meetups (runs, food/smoothies, and classes). Email me at email@example.com and I’ll keep you in the loop!