Ever since my first marathon, running has become such a big part of my life. I wanted to find out how I could share some of my inspiration with you for your first marathon? How can I get you excited?
And then I remembered my first marathon…
When I ran my first marathon, two of my coworkers were super sweet. They had secretly planned a surprise gift for me. One of them was actually pretty slick. She had asked for Dave’s phone number so that she could text him asking how I was doing in the marathon. I gave it to her. What I didn’t know was that she had asked what our hotel address was. They sent me a Build a Bear! They even made the cutest bib for me!
I was SO excited when I received this package and it got me even more pumped up for my FIRST marathon!
So what I want to do is send you Mary my first marathon bear with her running passport. I want you to take pictures with her at the Expo and when you get all pumped up for the marathon. And then I’ll showcase your first marathon on my blog! How your training went, what you wished could have gone better, what you learned, what your next running feat will be!
This idea kind of spurred from my middle school experience when I got to take home a stuffed bear with a journal. We had to talk about what we did during that week and I thought it was so much fun! I thought this will be a fun way to learn more about you and inspire others to run their first marathon!
WANT TO PARTICIPATE?!
Email me at email@example.com with the following information:
- What your first marathon is
- The date of the marathon
- Your address
- What date you are leaving for your marathon so I can plan on getting you Mary in time
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
Take at least one picture with Mary on your first marathon adventure, but please feel free to take more and some fun goofy ones!!
Fill out Mary’s Marathon Passport with…
- Your name (you don’t need to put your last name)
- Marathon Name, Date, Location
- Your favorite thing about the marathon experience
Email me your first marathon experience (These just are some questions to inspire you)
- Why did you decide to run a marathon?
- How was training? What did you learn? What do you wish you did differently? Did you have any injuries?
- What was your goal? Did you accomplish your goal?
- What was your race time?
- What was the expo like?
- What did you have for dinner the night before?
- What was your pre-race meal?
- Did you eat a lot of Gu or energy gels during the race?
- Did you listen to music while running? What song most inspired you?
- Did you travel far? How was the trip?
- What advice would you give to a first time marathoner?
Mail Mary and her passport back to me so that the next person can hang out with her!
MARY’S MARATHON SCHEDULE
April 10, 2011 Britt from Writing and Running – Dallas Big D Marathon
May 1, 2011 Jene from The Original Bean – Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati, OH
Sept. 17, 2011 Kate from For Slow Kids Everywhere – US Air Force Marathon – Dayton, OH
June 3, 2012 Vanessa – San Diego Rock ‘n Roll Marathon
October 7, 2012 Travis from Slow Progress Runner – Chicago Marathon
November 3, 2012 Ariel – Indianapolis Monumental Marathon