Winter training…oh how I miss summer training! But then, I think…well when I am in the summer, I definately miss this winter training! So why do I like both and can’t choose one?
Reasons I love winter training
- You don’t sweat as much so you don’t have to wash your clothes as much (Ew gross, I know! But it’s true!)
- You don’t need to carry as much water with you!
- The fresh, brisk air!
- Running in snow
- The cold weather wakes me up!
Reasons I dislike winter training
- You have to wear way more clothing and always second guess if you are wearing enough layers
- You may not hydrate enough because it’s cold and you think you are fine
- Your Gu hardens
- Your water in your hydration belt water bottles freezes so you can’t get the water out!
- The sidewalks are never plowed enough
- Slushy snow 🙁
- It is dark in the morning and dark when I get out of work…have I become a vampire runner?
Reasons I love summer training
- Running in the sunshine makes me happy
- The Gu is the gu-ey consistency it should be
- Your water remains water and not ice
- Wearing running shorts and a singlet!
Reasons I dislike summer training
- You have to wash your clothes all the time or else your home will smell disgusting
- You have to drink SO much water
- The white saltyness after a long run
- The heatwaves
What do you think?
Do you prefer a certain season for training?
Or do you love all seasons for its own reasons?
What do you like/dislike about winter training?